Some Times we get a problem in windows xp or in windows 7, where our internet connection in fine but we can not browse any of the website in any of the browsers. When we ping websites, the ping is successful and ipconfig command shows valid ip configuration. The only way is to reset the ip configuration of our computer. Here are the steps to reset the IP configuration in windows XP Operating System.
In Windows XP, use the following steps to reset the Internet Protocol:
1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type cmd
4. Click Ok
5. In the Black Command Box Type: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
6. Hit Enter Key
7. Restart the computer and try to log in and browse the Internet.
If the problem persists, continue using these steps.
8. Click Start
9. Click Run
10. Type cmd
11. Click Ok
12. In Black Command Box Type: netsh winsock reset
13. Hit Enter Key
14. Restart Computer
It that doesn’t work also try Resetting IE8 to Default Options
1. Click Tools Tab
2. Click Internet Options at bottom
3. Click Advanced Tab on far right
4. Click Reset near bottom5. Click Ok and Close Internet Explorer 8
6. Restart Internet Explorer 8