Windows has release an update for windows 8 known as windows 8.1 which is a major release and completely free for windows 8 users. Here are the steps with screen shots of the steps that I did. Hope would be useful to you all.
- Prepare For the update to Windows 8.1
- Open the windows store
* open Store from the Start screen or the Apps screen.
- Choose to update windows
*With the Windows Store open, you should now see a large Update Windows tile with "Update to windows 8.1 for free" next to a photo of a Microsoft Surface tablet.
- click download
- Wait while windows 8.1 downloads and installs
- Windows 8.1 Installation Restart Prompt
- Windows 8.1 Installation Restarting PC
- Applying PC Settings Screen Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 Pro License Terms
- Windows 8.1 Update Settings Page
- Windows 8.1 Sign in During Update
- SkyDrive Settings During Windows 8.1 Update
- Finalizing Your Settings in the Windows 8.1 Update
- Setting Things Up Screen in Windows 8.1 Update
- Windows 8.1 Desktop
Congratulations! The update from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 is now complete!