- Open the PuTTy application and navigate to the category
- Select Connection
- In the field Sending null packets to keep session active change the default value from 0 to 1800 (30 minutes)
- Check the Enable TCP keepalives (SO_KEEPALIVE option) check box.
Note: This option may not be available in older versions of the PuTTY client.
- Select Session from the left hand menu.
- In the Host Name (or IP Address) field enter the destination hostname or IP address
- select Save to save the connection
- open to open the terminal