Today I here to guide you through the steps to install Oracle 11gR2 in windows server 2008 R2.
1. First of all, download the oracle database from here. You need to download two zip files named win64_11gR2_database_1of2 and win64_11gR2_database_2of2.
2. Extract the downloaded files and merge into one in folder named database
3. Inside the directory, you will find setup.exe file, run it to start your Oracle database installation.
4. You can set your email for notification for security updates or uncheck and proceed to disable security updates.
5. Proceed with the warning of security update issue
6. select on create and configure database option for fresh installation of database
7. Select server class option for more advance configuration options.
8. Since I am installing a standalone system, choose single instance database installation option
9. You can choose between typical for basic installation or advance for custom installation
10. Choose your language of interest
11. Choose your database edition. I am choose enterprise edition
12. You can also select software components for select option button.
13. Specify the directory path to install oracle database. default is the C drive
14. Choose general propose/transaction Processing
15. Specify the global database name and SID which are your database identifiers
16. Leave the automatic memory management as it is
17. leave the character set to default. you can choose other if you want multiple language set
18. Security options remains the same
19. Tick the check box for creating sample schemas
20. Choose file system and the location path for the storage of the data of database. It is recommend to store data on different drive other than the installation drive.
21. You can choose to enable automated backup of your database or just disable it
22. create password for SYS, SYSTEM, SYSMAN and DBSNMP or just create one password for all
23. Now, the installation performs perquisite checks
24. View the summary of the installation. You can also save it as response file
25. Now the database will prepare, copy and setup the database installation
26. Now the installation will create database and related components
27. Database configuration assistant will provide the information of database creation with the url link for the database instance
28. Installation is finished with installation successful information displayed on the screen
29. Browse the url for and log in with your SYS user and corresponding password
30. dashboard of the database instance will look like the picture below.
That it !! Oracle Database 11gR2 has been successfully installed in Windows Operating System.
Note: installation of Oracle Data Integrator, TOAD and Oracle Linux coming soon