HI Guys, This is another post describing Oracle Linux 6.6 fresh installation steps.
1. First download ISO of Oracle Linux from here. You should have an oracle free account to download the ISO.
2. Burn it into your DVD and insert in your PC and change your booting option to CD/DVD to run the installation.
3. Oracle installation start screen appears. Click enter to start installation
4. Media checking test appears. Just enter skip using tab and enter key.
5. Click next
6. Choose your choice of language. I have chosen English.
7. Choose your keyboard layout. Mine is U.S. English
8. Since the disk will be formatted before install.. click yes, discard any data
9. Enter the hostname for this server
10. Enter the time zone
11. Enter password for your root user
12. Choose your installation style. Click use all space for default
13. Installation will write data on to the disk (warring). click write changes to disk
14. Formatting of the disk started
15. Choose your software. Or click customize now to see advance option od software selection.
16. Select your required software packages.
17. Installation is now taking place
18. After installation, reboot is needed. Click reboot to proceed.
19. System is now rebooting…
20. login to the system to see the desktop of Linux server 6