FortiCloud (formerly known as FAMS) is a hosted security management and log retention service for FortiGate® and FortiWiFi® devices. It gives you centralized reporting, traffic analysis, configuration management, and log retention without the need for additional hardware and software.
It provides a subset of the FortiAnalyzer™ and FortiManager™ feature set:
• Traffic and application visibility
• Real-time monitoring and alerting
• Hosted log retention
• Reporting and analysis
• Configuration management
Resource: FortiCloud FAQs
ForitNet provides FortiCloud services of limited storage of 1GB of storage data for free. But the free service is restricted to 100 MB of data log per day and can only preserve 30 days of traffic data. You can activate the FortiCloud by initially registering your device. You can add multiple device in your single FortiCloud account. In case, you need to upload more than 1 GB of log storage from a Fortigate/FortiWiFi, you need to purchase a 200GB subscription license based upon the policy prescribed by FortiCloud.
Steps to activate forticloud service free trail
- Open the FortiCloud website here
- Click on create account
- Enter the details specified based on your credentials and click send
- Your get a notification to check your confirmation mail in your account.
- Open he link in your mail to confirm the final step of registration
- Open the FortiCloud and login your new login details to enter the dashboard
- Click Add Device to add a Fortigate/FortiWiFi device
- Now your Device will added to the forticloud. Click on the your device displayed in you dashboard to view real time logs of your device.
More Coming of FortiCloud. Stay tuned