Oracle Data integrator is a comprehensive data integration platform that covers all data integration requirement from high volume, high performance batch loads, to event-driven, trickle-feed integration processes, to SOA-enabled data services. ODI can do used to communicate between Oracle databases and the Hadoop platform.
The steps to install ODI has are follows
1. Install Java and weblogic application server in the windows system prior to installing ODI
2. Download the Oracle Data integrator package from here.
3. Unzip the download ODI package.
3. Open cmd program, browse through the ODI package directory and run the setup.exe program from the following command.
>setup.exe –jreLoc C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_45
4. Setup will run the Oracle Installer
5. You can now see the welcome page of the installer
6. Software update option appears. You can skip this option for now
7. Choose the software components you need t install, I have chosen all
8. Setup will perform prerequisite scan
9. Specify your installation path directory
10. ODI need an application server, I have weblogic installed. Guide to installing weblogic is here
11. You can choose to create a repositories now or you can to it after the installation
12. Choose your agent name and port number
13. Installation summary page appears, click install to proceed
14. Installation is in process
15. After installation, configuration process appears click next to continue
16. Now, the installation of ODI is completed, click finish to exit
17. Open ODI studio to continue using ODI
The ODI installation is now completed in windows machine !!!!